Under Act 153 of 2014 school employees are required to obtain background checks on a periodic basis. Clearances must be submitted prior to the commencement of employment or service. Beginning December 31, 2014, clearances must be obtained every 36 months. Links and instructions for obtaining your clearances are below. For additional information on obtaining or renewing clearances, please contact the Human Resources office.
Fees for obtaining clearances are as follows:
PA Child Abuse - $10
Criminal History - $10
FBI - $27.00
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (click)
Completion will provide you online access to your clearance within 2 weeks and in some cases, immediately. You will need to be prepared to supply information of all addresses you have lived and every person you have lived with since 1975. Under “Access My Clearances”, click on “create an account” and it will take you to a screen to create a Keystone ID for your new account. You will receive an email with a temporary password to access your account and change your password. Please be sure to remember this Keystone ID/password for future use. This site is also the site used for online ChildLine referrals and clearance renewals in three years.
- Criminal History Background Check Clearance (click)
Completion online will give you immediate access to your clearance. Make sure to click on the link provided when application is complete to access your record to receive the official report.
- FBI Criminal Background Check (click)
Preregistration should be completed online. Be sure to select the PDE (Pennsylvania Department of Education) option. When complete, print the preregistration form containing your registration number. Take that with you to the FBI fingerprinting location. After fingerprinted, return the registration form to the Human Resources office and we access the report online.
Upon completion of all three, please provide the clearances and fingerprinting pre-registration form to the Human Resources office. It emailing, please email them to Glenda Wenzel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearances older than 3 years need to be renewed by 12/31/15.
- If you are involved with community organizations that now require clearances, please communicate directly with that organization regarding what clearances they are required to have and whether they can accept copies of the clearances required for school employment.
- Please make sure when you submit your clearances to us, you also keep them in your own personal files so you have them for future use with various community organizations within the three year time period.
- The Child Abuse clearance site has recently experienced some technical difficulties. If you experience problems during the application process, you may need to try again in a day or two. Technical assistance is available according to their site as follows: For assistance with your account log- in or other technical issues, contact 1-877-343-0494.